8 cyl exhaust manifold stud centres

bob ward
bob ward Senior Contributor
Are the exhaust manifold studs at the same spacings for the 34/35 8s as they are for the later big port 8s?

Comments

• Huddy42
    Huddy42 Senior Contributor
    Bob, if your asking can you fit a 1937 manifold on the 1934/5 motor,the answer would be no,as the later 8's have completely different gaskets and have bigger ports.
  • ivanz62
    ivanz62 Expert Adviser
    Yes the 37 manifold has bigger ports--it will still provide some performance increase over the early manifold.  Would not bet good to go the other way and put a small port manifold on a big port block!

The stud spacing is the same for both--correct?  Can someone hold the two gasket styles together--one over the other to confirm.
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
      Forget it!   The manifolds are not interchangeable.
  • bob ward
    bob ward Senior Contributor
    edited February 2015
    Its taken a while but I can now answer my own question.

The exhaust stud spacing for 34/5 8s is subtly different to that of the later 8s. About half a stud width here and there.
  • All, these answers seem odd to me, being that I have a 49 manifold on what is a early narrow block , So late manifold early block???. Must fit?  About 45 years ago I knew a fellow who restored a 31 Hudson using all original engine parts on a 47 block.. They all ran fine..
This discussion has been closed.