Headliner bows

SuperDave
SuperDave Senior Contributor
edited September 2014 in HUDSON
My resurrection of the 49 two door sedan included finding headliner bows. I have been able to put a correct set of 6  together. The car has grommets in the roof for 7 bows.  The #7 grommet shows indentations where a bow was installed . The parts book only lists 6 for the 48-49 two door sedan and 7 for a four door. I have a number 7 from a four door which I may end up using..  I guess what I need is a picture of the headliner on a 48-49 Two door sedan showing the rear area around the back glass. Or someone to tell me how many bows are in a 48-49 two door.  The 1950 and up two door shows 7 bows. The 50 and up had a larger rear window and uses a different #7 bow than the 48-49 sedan. At this point I am puzzled.  I posted wrong picture but can't figure out how to delete it.

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    I deleted the photo for you (since I'm a moderator I can do that) but:  could you not have clicked EDIT and then -- with the photo in front of you in editing mode -- clicked on the photo and then simply hit the BACKSPACE key (as you would do, to delete any highlighted text)?   If you are unable to do this, perhaps it indicates that we need to go into the Forum program and give more "permissions" to the Forum members!
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor

Thanks Jon,

I don't think I want to make a mistake again to find out  LOL

Ken,

I was always inclined to believe that the four door and two door had the same roof. There are different numbers for four door and two door.. Didn't make sense to me  So the book must be in error. At least through the pieces I had I was able to make up a set.. I hope the new headliner works... when I get it. 

This discussion has been closed.