For sale 1939 Hudson model 92 2 Door sedan, 36,000 miles

[Deleted User]
edited October 2014 in Vehicles
1939 Hudson 2 door sedan, 36,000 original miles, runs and drives great. Needs a grille, original owner (97 year old fellow) did the ole gas not break trick and jumped the bumper of a parked car...also tested the barn door with the front passenger fender.
Original upholstery, wool has a few holes but is very presentable to just drive or restore.
Everything is there to the car, just needs some restoration to be perfect. NO body rust issues, outside body is rock solid, front floor mat held some condensation and have a few soft spots, but under the seat, the rear and trunk are rust free...
Flat head 6, 3 speed on the tree, has a new coil, new master cylinder, wheel cylinders, and brake lines, stops very well.
Car is located in central Ohio, Grove City, asking 7,500.00.
Would love this time capsule  be restored as I think it's a gem....
Feel free to ask any questions or request any pictures...
Contact number is 614 305-3773image614 305-3773 or 740 969-2574image740 969-2574 ask for Todd
Thanks

Added a picture of the motor, Power Dome, flat head 6...
You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype

Comments

• PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    For anyone who is interested in this car I do have a center grille for one of these out of my old 92. I don't have the side grilles any more I'm afraid

Based in the UK so shipping costs might be interesting
  • 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator
    edited September 2014

From watching/reading over time, the 'side grilles' are very difficult to obtain - one could search for years without finding a decent set. 

Would probably be of benefit if someone could reproduce them, in some manner/form - make a mold, fiberglass, carbon fiber - have them reproduced (left and right) in brass or aluminum, etc.. 

• I've got a 39 4 door with a good grille,  but don't want to rob Peter to pay Paul.
    One of the side grilles is ok, just has a crack in the casting, but the center and passenger grill were toast...
    I'm sure there are grilles out there to be had, so don't let that sway you away from a great survivor....

• PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    In the "set" I had Rick one was definitely a home made job because at some stage my 92 had been in an accident which had wiped out the drivers side.

These grilles were fragile at the best of times. I'm sure that if someone could reproduce them (like Mike Sheridan with the 112 medallions) then there would be interest
  • 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator
    I've got a 39 4 door with a good grille,  but don't want to rob Peter to pay Paul.
    One of the side grilles is ok, just has a crack in the casting, but the center and passenger grill were toast...
    I'm sure there are grilles out there to be had, so don't let that sway you away from a great survivor....

Yup, a nice project for somebody.  Anyone with a Hudson knows that obtaining original parts is sometimes an adventure within itself.  The prospective buyer will be one that looks at the absence of grilles as a challenge, either in finding some replacement grilles, or to explore the possibilities for reproduction of them.  Either way, it should be an interesting journey.
  • lostmind
    lostmind Expert Adviser
    Will a 40 front clip fit a 39?
  • charles4d
    charles4d Expert Adviser
     I don't think it will from 40 on up to I think 46/47 will fit, 39 was last year for straight axle.
     They changed to a A arm in 40
  • PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    Native,

Sent you a PM
  • Hey, what about a 37,38 front end... 
This discussion has been closed.