newbie but oldbie intro...

[Deleted User]
edited September 2014 in HUDSON
Been into old cars since I was old enough to drive (now 52). I've recently purchased a 39 country club sedan which is kinda on the back burner. Then, I purchased both a 55 and 53 Patrician as a package deal. Ended up selling the 55 and kept the 53 for the motor to put in my Buick hearse. Most recently, I bought a 39 Hudson model 92 2-door sedan with 36K original miles.

Always loved the look and performance of Hudson - their unique styling put them a step ahead of other cars.

Good to be on the forum...attaching a pic of the 55

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Welcome to the Forum!
  • 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator

Welcome aboard! Sounds like a wide assortment of collectible vehicles, and at least one 'pre-WWII. 

Good to have you.  I'm sure you'll find a wealth of information here.

You may also want to visit the Hudson Essex Terraplane Club website, and consider joining that Club (if you have not already done so) - Members come for the cars, and stick around because of the great folks there!

We hope you enjoy your time here at the Hudson Essex Terraplane 'Open Forum' -

• RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    Welcome to the forum!
  • hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    Welcome aboard.  Those Packards, in the 50's were pretty nice looking cars.  By all means, if you haven't joined the HET club do so - and find your local chapter and join that too.

Hudsonly,
    Alex Burr
    Memphis, TN
  • Lee ODell
    Lee ODell Senior Contributor
    Native
    Welcome to the forum. A lot of information and help is here. Beautiful Packard you had.

When I was in sixth grade a neighbor came home in a new 53 Packard. Biggest car on the block except for maybe the early 40's Packard limo across the street. Our neighborhood was Chevy, Ford, Pylmouth country except for the two Packards and Dad's 51 Hornet and 47 Crosley.

Please post some pictures of the 39 Hudsons.
    Lee O'Dell
This discussion has been closed.