1939 Left Grille

Jon B
Jon B Administrator
edited September 2014 in Parts & Pieces
There's a left grille for a '39 (used but decent) on Ebay right now.  I think this guy was selling it earlier for $165, now it's $140 or best offer.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/1939-Hudson-LH-Front-Fender-Grille-/181519356375?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a436591d7&vxp=mtr 

Seems like people are looking for these from time to time...and not finding them!

Comments

• grill part Number is HA 136823
    fits models 90 (Hudson 112)and 98(Big Boy)only.
  • 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator
    edited September 2014
    Beg to differ Jon - these are the more commonly found 'grille pieces' - those for a 112, model 90 or model 98. From my experience, too expensive (by far). Maybe that much for a 'pair' ($120-$150), but the seller only has one. A reasonable price for the single is around $40-50, as long as the pot metal is in good shape and the attaching points are not stripped-out or broken.
    This seller has offered this same piece for at least a couple of years - with no takers.

The ones that are 'hard to find' are those that go to the Pacemaker and senior Hudson automobiles (the '39s with the headlights in the fenders) - locating a set of those 'grilles' is like finding hen's teeth (or worse). I am somewhat surprised that those are not being reproduced (yet), although I have heard of some folks getting so frustrated in their search that they have had one-off/custom grilles reproduced for their projects.
This discussion has been closed.