Hard days work

keithfullmeryahoocom
keithfullmeryahoocom Expert Adviser
edited September 2014 in HUDSON
We pulled one out of the barn today.

Comments

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Thanks for sharing Keith... Nice find and looks like a solid car.  Good Luck with it.
  • keithfullmeryahoocom
    edited September 2014
    We pulled one out of the barn today. One click at a time with the come-a-long until it was on the trailer. Pigeon poop and all. I'm laying in the cow dung looking for the valve stem on a long-time flat tire, which, of course is at the VERY TOP of the wheel, thinking "I haven't had this much fun in a long time!"

'50 Commadore eight.

This one hasn't seen the light of day in a while. I'll try to give her the dignity and respect she deserves and bring her back around.
    I'll be asking a lot of questions, fellows. Bear with me...keith

imageimageimage
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    Nice find!  Congratulations.  Look forward to your progress.  
  • Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    Man, that sure looks like a nice solid Hudson. I pull one out of the barn and it breaks in half !

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Keith, the photos you posted had enormous-sized jpg files.  Very sharp and clear but it takes quite some time for the photo to load on the screen.  Before you load a photo next time, you might want to go into your computer files and reduce the photo to maybe 150 dots per inch, so that the file might measure 150 kb (kilobytes). (This number appears next to the file name on your computer's file list.)  Maybe someone a bit more computer savvy can expand on this and give you a bit more precise information.
  • Beautiful car getting a new life - I wish there were barns like that around here!  Keep us posted.
  • keithfullmeryahoocom
    edited September 2014
    I'm still going around it, cleaning, fumigating, taking inventory, so to speak.  So far, it needs pretty much everything!  Lol. 
     Passenger door is stuck in the "locked position" so I have yet to find the VIN tag.   I'll proceed with a more persuasive effort when I can handle more mouse urine.  Powerful stuff

Doc, the gentleman that sold it to me has also accumulated a 48 or 49 parts car.  He used some of the parts for his beautifully restored '49. Not much left...keith
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Keith, be aware mouse excretment can be a health hazard, protect yourself!
  • Yeah, thanks, Oldfarmer.  I'm planning on using the bleach solution next.  I'll go carefully and use masks.
    The headliner is out so it's mostly the seats and the floor.  
    Although it's certainly necessary, this is the part of restorations that isn't so much fun.  I've done several of these, some of them worse.  Seems like I alway say "never again", but the lure of the finished car always entices me.  This one will be my "retirement" restoration.   I'm going to take my time, not get into a hurry to get it complete, and try to enjoy the process.   
    We'll see...keith
This discussion has been closed.