Hudson Stepdown Bumperettes?

RL Chilton
RL Chilton Administrator, Member
edited September 2014 in HUDSON
I am still looking for good, replatable bumperettes for '52 senior car (Commodore/Hornet), a left rear and a right front (yes, they are different).

Thanks for any help. And yes, I have tried all of the usual suspects!

HETrlchilton52@gmail.com (drop the HET).

imageimage

Comments

• bull_islander
    bull_islander Expert Adviser
    Wow, looking great.  Are you by chance coming to Hershey, Russell?  I'll be happy to dig around and bring them with me.  I need to keep a set for my 54 project, but believe I've got extra.  It does take me a little time to look at them and figure out front/rear and left/right..  You can have them if I do.  
  • RL Chilton
    That would be awesome!  I really can't believe how difficult it has been to find a couple.  Trouble is I thought I had a full set, but it turned out I had two fronts that were the same side and two rears that were the same side.  

No, not going to Hershey, but would be more than happy to pay you for them and the shipping.  Please let me know if you locate them!  and THANKS!!
  • dwardo99
    dwardo99 Expert Adviser
    I might have the front one. I'll have to look under the bed where I have it stashed. Do you have the proper part number? I believe the ones I have have the part number written on them. My '53 has two left (or maybe two right) rear bumperettes. I would trade the duplicate for the opposite side if you have it. 
  • I am still looking for good, replatable bumperettes for '52 senior car (Commodore/Hornet), a left rear and a right front (yes, they are different).

Thanks for any help. And yes, I have tried all of the usual suspects!

HETrlchilton52@gmail.com (drop the HET).    I have them both. Guess I wasn't on the 'usual suspects list.

imageimage

• RL Chilton
    dwardo99-

I don't have the part #'s handy, as my MPC has been packed away.  The picture is a front left #1 bumperette.  Email me and we might be able to work something out.  

• RL Chilton
    You're right, Lance.  I haven't checked in with you recently, but asked about them some time ago.  Don't remember now, but thought you didn't have any?  I'll email you.
  • dwardo99
    dwardo99 Expert Adviser
    OK. I seem to remember one of them is marked "C6" for Commodore Six. That would probably be the same but I am unsure. It's NOS. I will have a look and also check which is the duplicate on my Hornet. Thanks. 
  • RL Chilton
    edited September 2014
    Dwardo-

Good.  Let me know, please.  Commodore 6 might not be the same . . . I think Wasp bumperettes were used on the C6's.  The C8's were the same as Hornets, for sure.   
  • dwardo99
    dwardo99 Expert Adviser
    OK. I'll look. I have a master parts manual, if I can find it. 
  • bull_islander
    I will look tonight Russell.  The one's I have will need replating.  If I have them, you can compare it with your other options.
  • RL Chilton
    Thank you, bull islander!

• bull_islander
    Russell, forget what I said in the pm I sent. I just pulled the two off my 52 that you're missing and none of the eight I have are identical matches. Sorry.
  • RL Chilton
    O.k., well thanks for looking!  Much appreciated.  
  • dwardo99
    dwardo99 Expert Adviser
    OK, I had a look at my bumperette. It is perfect and beautiful but it is not what you need. It is marked p/n 225094 on the inside and also "6B", "RH Front Outer". It has the little ridge in the front so I think you are right, it is also for Wasp. Anybody else? I'm thinning my Hudson stuff. Also, my car has two RH rear bumperettes, as luck would have it, so we can't swap. Sorry. I thought I might have the goods. 
  • RL Chilton
    O.k., dwardo.  Thanks so much for looking!
  • bull_islander
    Russell,

Have you checked with Glen Johnson?  He has this pair for the rear currently on ebay (though I know you're only looking for one). 

He also has a front pair, but they don't look the same as my front pair (?).  The bottom edge seems to have a sharper right angle than the pair I currently have on my 52.  
  • RL Chilton
    I sent you an email, bull islander.
  • RL Chilton
    I'm bumping this back up to the top.   Still in need of bumperettes.  Any leads, please let me know.  
  • EssexAdv
    EssexAdv Expert Adviser, Member

RUSS. When I was having the same issue with my 52, I found there were 2 different styles offered in 52.  Make sure you get an exact mirror of the ones you have or you will be no better off.  I bought my last one from Glenn Johnson.  I caught him with a core he was going to re-plate and bought it off him

Good Luck

Lew

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Try Mark Huffman in Whitesboro Texas.   His contact information is in the HET Roster.
  • RL Chilton
    Oldfarmer-
    Sent you an email. 
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Replied Russ
This discussion has been closed.