New Member - Looking for 37 terraplane Trunk Seal

I have inherited my fathers 1937 Hudson Terraplane 4 door sedan he is terminally ill we are trying to complete the car for him to get some enjoyment out of I live in the Midwest the car is in CA it was painted earlier this month and we are now searching for the trunk seal, headlight pads and the seals/rubber pads for the hood any help as to where I can locate these would be very helpful

Comments

• 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator
    edited September 2014

Welcome aboard! 

Good to have you.  I'm sure someone will come along and answer your question shortly. 

Until then, you might try Wildrick Restoration - Look here:

http://www.wildrickrestorations.com/wildrickrubberparts/wrp.html

If you don't see what you're looking for, call them.  They have a lot more inventory that they don't have listed online.

Also, I am sure you'll find a wealth of good advise and information here.

You may also want to visit the Hudson Essex Terraplane Club website, and consider joining that Club - Members come for the cars, and stick around because of the great folks there!

We hope you enjoy your time here at the Hudson Essex Terraplane 'Open Forum' -

• Welcome,

I bought my first 35 Terraplane earlier this year and it needed almost every rubber part that they came with. Folks recommended Wildrick rubber parts so I called and talked to Denney. He was very helpful and knowledgeable about what parts I would need (one was the trunk seal) and he can also tell you how best to install them.

Rick is correct, they have a ton of parts that are not listed on their website so it is best to call them. If you have a picture of the car as well as the model and serial number that will help Denny get you the correct parts you need.

Mike

• Thanks for the advice guys I called Wildrick this morning they had most of what I was looking for and said they would check to see if the had or could find the rest. I can't wait to get the car back together my dad is really impressed with how it's turned out so far and I know my grandfather is looking forward to it to since his dad (my great-grandfather) bought it new
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Let us know which parts you cannot obtain.  Possibly someone knows of an interchange (from another brand) or someone might even have a spare part that they bought but never used, which they could sell you.

Here are the headlight mounting pads and bumper grommets: https://www.metrommp.com/?f=product_list_for_vehicle&VehicleYear=1937&Make=TERRAPLANE&Model=SERIES 71
  • Thanks Jon they didn't have the headlight pads at Wilrick and I forgot about the bumper grommets until my dad sent me a text about them this afternoon but that took care of it
  • sidevalve2
    sidevalve2 Expert Adviser
    Quick question about this - my 37 Terraplane (ex-Duke Marley and virtually mint and unrestored) has had very little replaced. 

However, one of the things that have been replaced are the bumper grommets, and the rear ones are brilliant - an absolutely prefect fit. 

But the front ones don't in any way fit (don't lock into the holes, loose on the bumper irons, don't follow the profile of the fender at all - fender's curved and grommets are almost flat). In hot weather (like now) they are so bad that when I brake they slide forward until they reach where the irons curve out to meet the bumper.

I have looked at the Metro rubbers, and they look exactly like the ones on my car, so my suspicion is that for the front grommets they only make a generic one that suits a lot of different years and/or makes. Or am I wrong? Perhaps when Duke (or a previous owner) replaced them, these were the only ones available, but maybe now there are better ones.

But it certainly doesn't look like it, going from Metro's pic! Has anyone got any experience to share?

Thanks

Alan

P.S. Finally got the car running really well, following 8 nightmare years with a badly-rebuilt engine (in the end I took a deep breath and had it done again). Here's a pic of it last night - only one foglight because I am still in the process of hooking them up. Sorry about the 'bat' bug deflector, but I collect this kind of stuff and it's one of the rarest ones I have - I wanted to try it out on a car. But I am not intending to leave it there long term...
  • i found all my rubber parts for my 47 hudson sedan  at Pat Walsh restorations try there www.patwalshrestorations.com
    good luck
This discussion has been closed.