1940 running board rubber

parkerm
parkerm Expert Adviser
edited September 2014 in HUDSON
Hi Folks,

I am looking for a pattern or picture of the running board rubber for my 1940 Super six. I was unaware until recently that 1940 was a one year only pattern. The design was different prior to 1940 and it changed again in 1941. I have been told that the design of the pattern ran side ways on the running board rather than the length of the board. In other words, the pattern ran from the side of the board next to the car to the outer edge away from the car.

If anyone can direct me to either a company that already has the pattern that could redo the rubber on my boards or a good detailed photo that could be given to one of the companies that redo the rubber on the running boards; would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Marvin 

Comments

• charles4d
    charles4d Expert Adviser
     That is true on the direction of the pattern .   
    K-Gap  Out of business now .
    Its where i bought mine from.
     Maybe Doug Wildrick might have it 
  • 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator

I don't see it on Wildrick Rubber Parts (online) - You may want to give them a call. You never know until you ask.

http://www.wildrickrestorations.com/wildrickrubberparts/wrp.html

Wildrick Restoration, LLC
    1459 E. 425 N. 
    Shelbyville, IN 46176
    317-398-4163

• RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    As far as WRP (Wildrick Rubber Products) go, there are probably scores of parts that have not yet made the catalog (on-going effort) and other parts that they only have a few of, but have not or might not get put into production due to extremely low demand.  Like Rick said, you never know until you ask.  Best to call on M,W & F.
  • parkerm
    parkerm Expert Adviser
    Guys,

Thanks for the help I will try Doug Wildrick this week and see what I an find. If Doug does not have it Charles4d do you have a photo of your running board? If I can at least get a photo I might be able to send that to the guys that redo the rubber; they might  be able to reproduce the pattern.

Thanks,
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    There are one or two companies that specialize in (all-make) runningboard reproductions.  They don't actually stock the rubber, the make it up to order.  But, if they have done a '40 Hudson, possibly they would have the molds and could make you one.

http://www.runningboardrubber.com/patterns.html
    http://www.runningboardrubbermats.com/runningboardreproduction.html
  • SamJ
    SamJ Senior Contributor
    The running board kit was based on the original on my '40 and made by Press Kale. I had one of his finished products on my car (one side was original and one was Press's repop) and it was very good. It is a 'kit' in that you assemble it from pieces...this compensates for the fact that there were several different running board lengths in '40.  Doug Wildrick should have the molds and if he doesn't have a kit in stock he will probably get one or both sides made up for you.
  • charles4d
    charles4d Expert Adviser
     I sent you a P.M.
  • I am glad I saw this post. That is how the running board rubber is on my 40 Victoria coupe .I had always thought that someone did it wrong, and I was going to do it right. I hope I am understanding this. So, I have attached a pic. Is this how it is supposed to be? Please let me know before I do it the wrong way. Thanks
  • parkerm
    parkerm Expert Adviser
    There is just no end to the help one can get from fellow Hudson owners. Charles4d has been helping with photos and instructions. Now I see Sam has sent some information along; I will now try Doug Wildrick to see if he has the kits or can order it.
    Hudson40 I agree with you that board does not look right. I love the engine you have behind it though.

Thanks again guys.

Marvin
This discussion has been closed.