Ebay coupe

Kdancy
Kdancy Senior Contributor
edited September 2014 in HUDSON
Can't believe this coupe has been bid this high. Take the pictures and expand them to full screen. The parameter frame is rusted, and the whole underside will take a ton of work. Floor pans rusted and shade tree patched. Non matching numbers engine. Missing a lot of interior parts.
Someone has more money ---

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Makes-Hornet-7B-1952-hudson-hornet-2-dr-/141407490158?forcerrptr=true&hash=item20ec8b106e&item=141407490158&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Comments

• I like the high bidders' question "Do you know a good divorce lawyer?"  Probably an appropriate question.  Lol.
  • railknight
    railknight Expert Adviser

My guess is these high bidders on this Hornet are thinking this was a genuine former stock car from long ago like the 1950's.  Hope they read the fine print before bidding or perhaps the fine print about this NOT being a former stock car was added after these initial bids.  I'd end my bid if that's the case before the eBay 12 hour cancel limit or otherwise be prepared to hire a "good divorce lawyer."........"you're going to put that "thing" in the garage?!!!"

Dan

• Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    FYI

Well the Seller certainly describes 'full disclosure' regarding condition of the Car with all the pictures...
  • railknight
    railknight Expert Adviser
    edited September 2014

This is true about the condition.  However, you can see that on 9-17 (three days ago) the seller added to the car's description that a previous owner of this Hornet had it painted to look like a "race car."  Anyway, hope he gets a million bucks for it! 

• The divorce post is quite funny. Can we consider this like real estate and property values? Did all other Hudson's just go up in value? Lol. It's a fun paint job on an otherwise very challenging restoration. Lets keep hope alive on the million.
  • hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    edited September 2014
    For a race car that ain't to bad, really.  That chicken wire in place of the windshield brought back a few memories. When I was racing down here on the Sat afternoon shootouts we'd sandwich chicken wire between two pieces of 1/8 plexiglass.  The reason - once the boys (spectators) got liquored up enough they'd start throwing bottles, rocks and anything else to hand at anybody that wasn't a local favorite.  We also put heavy gauge screening on the right side windows to keep the stuff out of the car.  Stuff would just bounce off our windshields, no problem.
    Todays pretty boys wouldn't have lasted 2 races on those old dirt tracks back-in-the-day - well, Tony would for sure.

Hudsonly,
    Alex Burr
    Memphis, TN
This discussion has been closed.