Salutations!

SkyDad
SkyDad Member
edited September 2014 in HUDSON
Hello Everyone!

My name is Mike and I very recently became the proud owner of a 1957 Hudson Hornet Super. I admittedly did not know much about Hudson's prior to seeing this car a few months back. I was actually in the market for a muscle car, and just could not resist purchasing this Hudson. I am really excited to continue learning and partnering with all of you who have the same interests. The car I purchased used to belong to Bill Lassetter. Bill was an active member of the Dixie chapter of HET for years, and I believe owned over 40 Hudson's at one time. I am hoping to find others who may have purchased their cars from Bill after his passing over a decade ago. Bill had a Texaco service station in Newnan, Ga. I learned a great deal about Bill through this purchase and would like to continue being sensitive towards his love of Hudson's especially the one I now own (it was his personal favorite and the only one he bought new). I am also looking forward to meeting those of you with familiarity of the 57 Kenosha's in hopes of bringing mine back to her former beauty.

Great to meet all of you! Happy to be a part of the Hudson team.

Mike

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Welcome on board, Mike!  I think you'll find this to be a friendly and helpful place.  The '55-57 Hudsons are rather unique, being a hybrid amalgamation of Hudsons and Nashes.  You will certainly get some notice at your local car show.   While they used to be looked down upon and derisively called "Hashes" by Hudson enthusiasts, they are much more popular now that we are lurching into old age and can begin to appreciate the value of power brakes, power steering, power windows, reclining seat, modern engines and drive trains and smooth suspensions!

Feel free to post questions or comments in any of our forum categories.  If you are not yet a member, you may want to conside joining the Hudson-Essex-Terrraplane Club.  But for the time being, welcome to the Club's "Open Forum". 
  • Thank you so much, Jon! It's really quite comforting to have such a knowledgable, passionate group of fellow Hudson friends to connect and work with. I honestly felt a bit over my head after bringing the car home, but I now realize I don't need to go at it alone as there and lots of people who share the same passion. Paul Schuster has been kind enough to reach out, and I think he will be the best person to guide me along the way. (...and he's from my hometown of Pittsburgh, so we always have something to chat about if not our love of cars!) Thanks again!
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    In that case, Mike, you are in good hands!  Welcome to the forum!
  • PAULARGETYPE
    PAULARGETYPE Senior Contributor
    HI MIKE I'M PAUL SCHUSTER THE 57 MAN I'VE OWNED ALOT OF 55,56,57 HUDSON OVER THE LAST 45 YEARS I OWN THE 2ND HUDSON I BOUGHT IN 1971 IT IS A 57 HUDSON HOLLYWOOD HERE IS A PHOTO OF IT  I'M ALSO THE TEC ADVISOR OF THESE CARS AND HAVE HAD JUST ABOUT EVERY PART OFF ON THESE IF YOU NEED HELP DROM ME A LINE I ALSO HAVE A LOT OF PARTS HERE IS MY 57 
  • Just beautiful, Paul! Love the color scheme. Really pops. I'm glad you took a close up of the centered knight directly in the middle front end of the car. Did I read correctly that this actually lights up? Mine is so clouded out I can barely see the knight. Any suggestions on how to fix or would this part need replacing? I ordered a bunch of new parts over the last few days to get the entire brake system redone, and a new drivers side window as mine was cracked straight down. You should be proud of your Hollywood, Paul. Great looking Hudson! Thanks for sharing.
  • PAULARGETYPE
    PAULARGETYPE Senior Contributor
    THERE IS A  REPLACEMENT MADE AND YOU CAN GET IT HERE THEY SELL OTHER REPLACEMENTS ALSO WHEN AND IF YOU NEED PARKING LIGHT LENSES I HAVE THEM NOS 

• As always, very helpful Paul. Thank you, sir!
This discussion has been closed.