Contact# '36 Terraplane Convertible 'Project Pcs' For Sale

Ol racer
Ol racer Senior Contributor
edited September 2014 in Parts & Pieces
FYI

Recently I got a lead on a '36 Terraplane Convertible that has been setting. I finally made arrangements with the owner to see it. The Convertible was stripped off the frame yrs ago with the front end metal stored in a barn. The lower 'extra convertible section' of frame is now rusted and would need replaced, but the main frame could be repaired. The frame is rollable on wheels.

The Cowl, firewall, dash, and windshield section is very rusty but may be salvagable. However, the rear Body Clip is real bad but might be utilized as a pattern. The convertible heavy brackets located in the sides of rear clip would be re-usable.

The owner believes he has everything for the car including most of the convertible hardware, except for one door & seats. The fenders, inner panels, running boards, decklid, nice grille, hood carrot, etc, have been in the barn and look restorable. He wants to sell everything as one Lot, including two Motors that are Not stuck, (one Mtr is for an Essex), one transmission, an extra front axle & spring assy, an extra Rear End drum to drum, and 6 artillery wheels. He wants $4000 firm
(Its just an initial number he threw out...if someone is serious, who knows)

Its too large a project for me at my age so I told him I would Post OnLine to see if any interest....(I cant download pictures from my phone).. I believe accurately described that its very rusty from setting outside for yrs.
Sorry, its Located in Western NY     Bill Cell # 716 640 8598 :Bill will e mail Pictures if Interested!

Comments

• RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    Where is it located . . . (at least what state)?
  • hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    There you go Russell - your next convertible project!!! 

Hudsonly,
    Alex Burr
    Memphis, TN
    PS - Be prepared to sleep in it when you tell Miss Vicky you want it.  hehehehehe
  • Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    FYI

Ive heard there is interest in salvaging these convertible parts....
This discussion has been closed.