Don Whitacre passed away

Kdancy
Kdancy Senior Contributor
edited September 2014 in HUDSON
Just learned that Don Whitacre passed away on Saturday. A Hudson lover and past president of the Florida Orange Blossom Chapter. Don and Jenny used to have a big Hudson meet at their place every year.

Comments

• ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    Wow! very sad. When i moved to Florida in 1988 ( I was 23), I met Don and Jennie at one of their meets. I had a junky Hudson that I towed from Michigan and he was very helpful when I wanted to get it back on the road. I lived in an apartment in Ft. Lauderdale and he let me keep it at his house for free (under carport) for as long as I wanted. I would show up on my days off to work on it, and quite often slept on their couch. He taught me plenty of skills that have served me well. I bought a couple of Hudsons from him over the years too, and he was always EXTREMELY fair on his prices for the cars and I don't think he would ever take my money for any parts I ever needed. He will be missed.

Don Crane
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    One of the old "good guys" of the hobby. Yes he will be missed. His son, will no doubt, continue to carry the Hudson torch.
  • Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    Dave, his son, Donny, who built the engines, passed away a couple of years ago.
  • Hudsonrules
    Hudsonrules Senior Contributor
    You have our sympathy. To bad toose another member of the Hudson Family. RIP.
This discussion has been closed.