Hudson "Mile a Minute" Roadster

Browniepetersen
Browniepetersen Senior Contributor
edited August 2014 in HUDSON
This 1912 Mile-a-Minute roadster is in Salt Lake City, Utah in the private collection of John Price. John has a collection of racing cars (including the Mormon Meteor) that numbers around 30. The display plaque reads that it is one of two known to exist. This tan car is originally from New York and was purchased and restored by Eli Williams in the early 70's. Eli also purchased and restored one in the gray colors and later sold the car to a gentleman from California. It was originally from Washington.

Comments

• I don't understand the statement "that it is one of two known to exist". Is it a special model? I have seen 3 Model 33s in my limited travels.
  • Browniepetersen
    Hudson, so I am told, made two Roadsters in 1912. The standard roadster and the Mile-a-Minute roadster. You would need a close inspection to tell them apart or by SN. None of these have the brass radiator
  • Hornet_Rider
    Hornet_Rider Member
    edited August 2014
    Using Alex Burr's sketches, the Speed Roadster has open sides while the standard roadster has closed sides with doors.  Attached is another view showing the Mile-A-Minute label. This was seen at the San Mateo Meet.

Bob
  • Browniepetersen
    I think that this car is the one that was restored by Eli Williams here in Utah back in the 70's. The comment on the plaque of there only being two known is about as correct as is often seen on auction cars we see at auction today. I would expect that a lot more are out there than the half-dozen that I have been told about? The one think that I need to check into is the question about the brass radiator and surround. I thought all of the Mile a Minute roadsters had more brass? This is a great looking car.....
  • Park_W
    Park_W Senior Contributor
    edited September 2014
    The yellow one in Hornet Rider's post above is definitely a Mile-a-Minute Roadster.  It belongs to auto afficianado, collector and concours judge Paul Ianuario, in Greer, SC.
This discussion has been closed.