Selling my 51 Hornet Sedan and 54 Hollywood

[Deleted User]
edited August 2014 in Vehicles
Hey folks haven't been on in a while. So busy. I am selling my Hudsons. Don't want to but have to clear out a lot of stuff to move.

I have a nice 51 Hudson Hornet sedan. Its got 84K original miles on untouched motor. Body is rust free, engine runs but needs a new rope seal on the big end. I myself wanted to rebuild it but did not find the time. Interior is near original perfect. New headliner. All new brakes lines and cylinders. Its a nice driver.

The 54 Hollywood is rust free and ready for restoration. It has a 308 with Twin H that needs rebuilding mated to a standard with floor shifter that is kind of cool. Its a complete car all the trim, interior etc. Needs resto.

I will get pics up soon. But message me here and I will send more info with pricing. I am thinking 20K gets you both. Or we can talk about separate pricing.

Thanks

Comments

• Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    location?
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    Canada.
  • dwardo99
    dwardo99 Expert Adviser
    What kind of money are you looking for, for the '51? 
  • dwardo99
    dwardo99 Expert Adviser
    Also, is it a Hydro or a stickshift? Overdrive? 
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Just a suggestion:  advertise it in the WTN as well as here.  Lots of potential buyers are NOT here, but DO read their Hudson club magazine.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2014
    The 51 is a hydro. For 51 I want 14K OBO. If the rear seal was not leaking I would do zero to the engine it runs so well. But ah the old Hudsons and their leaks. I have the parts to fix everything goes with the car. The 54 is a standard.

I do not get the WTN anymore. I forgot to renew. 

The 51

The 54 the body is super straight no rust through. One spot needs work on fender to smooth other than that its complete for parts and trim and engine and interior. All glass is good. Back and front windshields are perfect. 
    54.jpg 93.7K
  • duncan
    duncan Expert Adviser
    Would you by interested in selling 1 set of headers that you have. Ray from Westlock  Alberta
  • No all the parts are for each car. I will not part stuff out. 
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Sent you a PM
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Sean... Yes on the email question.
This discussion has been closed.