WTB '51 or '52 Hornet Sedan Project

Hienkel429
Hienkel429 Member
edited August 2014 in Vehicles
Hey all I have recently joined the club but have an issue. After searching for 3-4 months I still am without a car. I spent most of the summer in search of the right car but unfortunately either the price or transport cost made it impossible to close a deal. Ideally the car would be within 1000 miles of Kentucky. Maas had a beautiful 51 on ebay last week that disappeared after a couple of days, but you snooze you loose.

I have actually thought long about what I would want. Ideally a 51-52 Hornet Sedan with minimal rot (surface rust is ok, just no cancer) with a seized but re-buildable 308 and a 3-speed with O.D but am definitely open. Minimum amount of body work (a strip and repaint with small repairs definitely, but no rebuilding half+ the car with patch panels), but still ample opportunity for me and my kids to turn a wrench, weld here and there, learn, and have fun. A 5-10 year project. Dual intake would be fun and cool but can be built up later. I have no illusions about this being a money-making investment. This is an investment in my family, my relationships with my kids, and an investment in their mechanical and problem-solving skills and self-confidence/sufficiency.

In the end, hopefully my family will be stronger, my kids more capable and skilled, and I am left with a sweet driving car and a wife that digs going for a ride. Then... its on to another project. LOL.

So if you have something that fits the bill and has a title I would be very interested to see some pictures and the like. It may take a day or two to get back to you. I'm a teacher and my schedule is pretty darn crazy this year especially with the kids' activities.

Thanks!

Ray Krause

Louisville, KY

Comments

This discussion has been closed.