1940 sedan. New to the forum. Some stuff for sale and looking for parts and info

[Deleted User]
edited August 2014 in Parts & Pieces
Hey guys. I'm new to the forum and Hudson/vintage scene. I live in Kelowna British Columbia and up until now have been building vintage motorcycles/cafe racers and driving/building drift cars. A few weeks ago I came across a 1940 sedan in a field not far from me. I'd always wanted to build something old and this caught my eye and I couldn't argue with the price. So the next day I drove out with a truck, trailer and some wheels that weren't flat and brought it home. It's been sitting in a field for the last 20-30 years and at some point was in a fire that gutted pretty much everything, but, it is complete, solid, has a solid frame and actually almost started the other night. After pulling some plugs I found zero compression on four cylinders (stuck valves maybe) but the other 2 were good and it blapped and farted. Anyway, the plan is a small block for now so I'm not in need of any of the drivetrain that's in it so I figured I'd see if anyone here was looking for any of these parts. I have:

Complete flat 6 engine/trans assembly still bolted together.
Starter
Generator (not sure if it works)
Clutch pedal
Brake pedal
More than likely the rear end soon
Steering box
Some front end suspension steering parts down the road here

As I said it almost started so everything is still free and and starter works well. I will part stuff if people are interested. I'm not sure what any of this stuff is really worth so that's where I was hoping to get some more info on what this stuff normally goes for as well as finding a few things. At the moment I'm looking for a headlight/bezel and trim ring. I'll post a pic of it but it's the tear drop style that seems to have been on most of them out of this time period. Also, if anyone has any info on front end swaps (steering/suspension/subframe) that would be greatly appreciated as I would like to do updated brakes and will more than likely be getting air ride at some point. Anyway, happy to be on here and hoping to learn some stuff about these cars, I'll be posting some pics of it later

Cheers guys!
Eric

Comments

• Hi,

Sent you a PM on your trans

Thanks, John

• [Deleted User]
    edited August 2014
    That's awesome! Thanks for the info DocHubler. I'll be sure to go check it out and talk to some people. Good to know there's people local that might be able to help me out. I'll send you my info. Pm'd you JohnA
  • terraplane8
    terraplane8 Senior Contributor
    If the trans has an overdrive I would like to buy it.
  • charles4d
    charles4d Expert Adviser
     Hey Welcome to the greats call club
    where everybody love to help out the new guy.
     The headlights rings will fit 1940 to 1947 they are
    all the same size on the 1940 on the bottom didn't
    have the Hudson design on it till 41 no big deal
     If you get a set re-chromed just as them to remove the  
     the design.
     As i have been told a Chevy s-10 front end will work on
    it and you have power steering to go with it.
    The master cylinder will have to be changed on the forum
     look up the dated May 9 2013 it will tell you all about it
    what type to use and what you have to do to make it work
     not really that hard it will be safer too.
    hope this helps  Charles4d  
  • Awesome thanks for all the advice Charles!
This discussion has been closed.