Clocks and Radios

ArkieJazz
ArkieJazz Member
edited August 2014 in HUDSON
Years ago, there used to be a guy named Old Doc Clock who advertised in the WTN.  I'm pretty sure that he has passed on.  Has anyone out there had good success with any clock or radio repair people?

Comments

• I can do electric stepdown clocks. I do not replace movements with quartz crystal setups. 
  • oldhudsons
    oldhudsons Senior Contributor
    there's an exc. radio man in so. Calif., has a stash of Hudson radios, might have your yr./model all ready to go; I'm sure he belongs to HET & the Inland Chapter, name is Steve Engle (sp.?)
  • Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor
    Steve is in the WTN and does and excellent job. If you have trouble contacting him call Jason at vintage coach. They use him for their work. He did my 54.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    I "third the motion" for Steve, for radio repair!
  • Club Coupe
    Club Coupe Expert Adviser
    edited August 2014
    Arkie: I think that this is the guy that you're talking about.

Clock Doc
    10 West Main Street
    Monteagle, TN 37356

PHONE: 931-924-8888
    FAX: 931-924-8890
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor

I "third the motion" for Steve, for radio repair!

"Marconi"  on this forum

• 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    edited August 2014
    Steve has done a Hudson, Studebaker, Nash, Buick and Cadillac radios for me and all have been great.  He gets them done fast and knows all the ins and outs of everyone of them.

Steve does not do email so don't try.

Steve Engel (HET Member) 17355 Jackson Ave., Fontana, CA 92336. Phone 909-543-6078

• SuperDave
    Anyone have a phone number for Steve? I tried the one from above and just got a voice mail prompt.    Thanks
  • SuperDave
    Made contact  ,he got my radio.  All is well.
  • Question on this subject matter. Is there a demand for perhaps more people to repair the older auto tube radios? Reason is, spent about my first ten years after college repairing electronics, amateur band radios, CBs, commercial two-way radios, avionics and most everything consumer type.
     Quit working on these items due low pay and today, most items are throw-away. Been looking for a hobby and could tool up to get these repairs going for people if demand could be something, say 1-5 a month. Thoughts?
  • What are the price ranges for restoring radios? Mine, 55 Wasp, has an internal short. 
  • Val
    Val Member
    I believe it was $325.00 for him to do the radio in my 39. Reach out to Steve hea a very friendly guy and will be up front with you
  • I talked to Steve, he is currently unable to work, but he advised someone else- Andy, who I spoke with. He told me $150-$350 to restore it.
  • Val
    Val Member
    That' sounds right, Guess it just depends upon the size of the radio and what all is involved
  • Val
    Val Member
    edited January 2021
    I think his cousin dick engel does radios also you can reach out to him if you need his contact let me know
  • Ok thanks.
  • I have an original Sams schematic and instructions for orig. 1953 Hudson radio repair.
    PM for copy info.
This discussion has been closed.