Serial number locations

BigBoy
BigBoy Member
edited August 2014 in HUDSON
I guess this is my intro.  I saw a 46 Hudson BigBoy at a car show at Edmonds Community College,about 30 years ago, and now I have one.  It needs everything.  I've been posting pictures of my teardown progress on facebook, in the Hudson Essex Terraplane Club group.

On my 1946 BigBoy, the serial number is on the passenger side door jamb on a plate, and it is stamped into the six, on the block between the cylinder 1 and 2 exhaust ports.  MY question: is the serial number located anywhere else on the vehicle, like the frame?
Regards,

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Welcome aboard!  I'm sure someone will have an answer for your question.  Meanwhile, I've moved your posting to the "Hudson" category (from the "Greetings and Introductions" category).

Good to have you.  I'm sure you'll find a wealth of information here. 

You may also want to visit the Hudson Essex Terraplane Club website, and consider joining that Club - Members come for the cars, and stick around because of the great folks there!

Email John Forkner (HETForkner@aol.com),
    and ask him for a courtesy copy of the White Triangle News - our club's
    award winning newsletter.  It has a lot to offer, to include
    classifieds where you might just find the project vehicle you are
    looking for.  

We hope you enjoy your time here at the Hudson Essex Terraplane 'Open Forum' -

• I've been a member of national HET club for years.  So, I already get WTN.  I belong to both the North Texas Hudson Dealers, and the South Texas HET chapters.   I'm only "new" to this forum.  I was in the other Hudson forum that seemed to fold up on itself.  Just stickin' my toe in the water here, so I can participate.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator

Hi 'BigBoy', good to see you here.  I have a good idea who you are on Facebook, and am following your project with interest.

As 'sydthekidd' indicates, those areas he lists are some of the other locations where the serial number can be found.  There is supposed to be a location up front on the frame (somewhere near the area of the right-front tire), however I've never been able to locate it there on any of my trucks...

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    BigBoy, the other forum hasn't really "folded up", it's just that nowadays the Club has two separate forums (this one and the one at the H-E-T website) and as a result we've spread ourselves a bit thin over both of them.  This one was offered to us last year for free -- an offer we couldn't refuse.  But now we need to develop an approach as to how best to use each of the forums to its full advantage.

• Syddthekidd, thanks for that tip. I'll go check that.  My truck's wooden bed rotted out long ago. :)

Rick, I'm still figuring out the nuts and bolts of this forum.  I added a sig, and an avatar.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I just checked, & the serial number on the frame is where it was said ti be, and the one on the axle tube, was under the brake line, inboard of the inner spring u-bolt.
  • Rick, I'll check to see if I can find that front frame number.  Knocking off for the day because it is 99 degrees in my shop. 
    :|
  • 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator

BigBoy - Here is a photo I took of the location of the serial number on the right-rear of the frame of my '47 Hudson frame.  You can see the rear of the frame, the leaf spring, etc., to get a good idea as to where to find the serial number.  I think you will need to take the bed off of the truck to get to this area... 

This discussion has been closed.