My '49 Hudson featured in interview about "Cruisin On Main" Manchester, CT

hdsn49
hdsn49 Senior Contributor
edited August 2014 in HUDSON
I was interviewed Sunday morning about the car show I started in downtown Manchester, CT. The interview featured my '49 Hudson Brougham.

Here is the link. http://wtnh.com/2014/08/10/vintage-cars-hot-rods-on-display-at-cruisin-on-main-street-in-manchester/

Later in the day they presented me an award for being the founder of the show and working on it for the past 14 years.

Comments

• RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    That's great, Ed.  Thanks for posting.
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    edited August 2014
    Thanks for posting Ed.

• hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    What they said, Ed.  I've been preaching the mantra for getting our Hudsons out into the public.  However, it seems to many people regard their lovely car as a garage queen.  The Calif. gang has been doing really good in recent months getting their cars out into the public - and there is another recent post from Canada showing 13 cars turning out for a general car show.  I simply cannot understand why more Hudson owners won't or refuse to take their cars to brand-x shows, cruise nights and other venues.  Why????  I've been asking that question for 40 years and never got a decent response.  Most say "well, you don't have a Hudson so who are you to talk!!!"  Yeah, but, you know what - if I were able to afford one it damn sure wouldn't sit in the car port or storage garage all the time.  It would be out on the road.  Yes, even here in Memphis I'd be taking it out on the streets.
    Maybe someday somebody will come up with a decent reason.  I've heard them all - "looks like rain" (surprise they won't melt!!!); to far to drive (that's what they were built for - if you can come to a meet in a brand-x you can come in a Hudson); and the best excuse I ever heard - "The road is to rough!!!!"  Top that one.
    That's my soap box for tonight.  GET THOSE HANGER QUEENS OUT AND ABOUT - IT'S THE ONLY WAY WERE GOING TO GROW THIS CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!

Hudsonly,
    Alex Burr
    Memphis, TN
  • hdsn49
    hdsn49 Senior Contributor
    Alex, We had 7 Hudsons at the show this year. My problem is as a small business owner I can't get away. Now that my sons are older especially Matthew, he is driving my sedan all over. Don't forget that's the car I brought him home from the hospital in almost 38 years ago. 

Besides being a career fireman. Matt is partners in a Hot Rod Shop in Somers, CT.  His two partners that are a few years younger than Matt, love driving my Hudson. They are taking my Hudsons to car shows and introducing a younger demographic to the world of Hudsons. One of his partners actually used my car for his wedding. 

Now if I can only talk Matt out of dropping in a V8 engine and air bagging the car. Just kidding.
  • hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    Ed, I know that life gets in the way of getting to Hudson shows - but..................there are events, local in nature, that Hudson owners can go to; they aren't working 7 days a week.  I'm just saying Hudson owners should make more effort to get their cars out and about. 

Hudsonly,
    Alex Burr
    Memphis, TN
  • Lee ODell
    Lee ODell Senior Contributor
    Congratulation on the award. Well deserved for all those years of hard work putting on those car show. I think it is neat of you letting your son cruise around in the Hudson. I'm sure he is getting a lot of thumbs up Maybe even requests to take pictures.
This discussion has been closed.