Vanderbrink mislabels 1949 Merc as a 49/50 Hudson

akcoop
akcoop Administrator
edited August 2014 in HUDSON

I thought it was funny that the only "Hudson" in the auction is actually a 49 Merc

http://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/auctions_details2.php?photosel=auction_images/151/fullsize/194C.JPG&detail=151&pageno=8

Comments

• PAULARGETYPE
    PAULARGETYPE Senior Contributor
    THEY JUST WANTED IT TO BE A HUDSON 
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    That's it, Paul!
  • hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    When you're the very best everybody tries to imitate you!!!!!!!  :D

Hudsonly,
    Alex B
  • Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor
    edited August 2014
    This looks a bit like the Texas car that is on Ebay right now that is priced at $10,000. Why would an auction company waste their time on what does not even qualify as a parts car?
  • hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    I  must be color blind - the description says the color is blue!!!!  Looks like 2tnr&c (translation - 2 tons rust and crud) to me.

Hudsonly,
    Alex Burr
    Memphis, TN
  • StillOutThere
    StillOutThere Expert Adviser
    The door jambs are blue.

• RL Chilton
    edited August 2014
    I was going to let this be, but I just can't.  I don't get this entire thread.  

Firstly, the link that Aaron posted doesn't claim that the picture is a Hudson.  It doesn't claim it's a Merc, either (which it is).  It doesn't claim anything . . . it's just a picture of a derelict Merc in a field.  Apparently, it has nothing to do with anything.  I couldn't even find it in the auction listings.  Nor did I find a Hudson in the auction listings.

Secondly, Brownie posted a link of a Hudson for sale and says the Merc looks a bit like a Hudson in Texas.  How?  Because a Hudson looks similar to a stepdown?  What does the Hudson in Texas have to do with a derelict Merc in an obscure ad (that has nothing to do with the ad)?  What am I missing?  

It's like being stuck in Rhetoric hell.  
  • Hudsonrules
    Hudsonrules Senior Contributor

They are both rusty and the Hudson is way over priccd, the Merc may go for a rediculous price because it is at an auction where there

will be a lot of hype.

• RL Chilton
    Oh.  Well . . . that makes perfect sense.  
  • akcoop
    akcoop Administrator
    Russ, if you pull up the lot descriptions, it describes lot 194c as a 49/50 Hudson or at least it did when I pulled it up.
This discussion has been closed.