1936 hood ornament and crows foot.

[Deleted User]
edited July 2014 in HUDSON
talked to a mold maker today about making a crows foot for 36 terraplane grille . I have 3 grilles and 3 1/2 cars so I need 3. was wondering if anybody has had one made and or the carrot holder top and bottom. If not, does anybody need one or ? going to make a wood crows foot with the 2/3 of the one I have and pictures but could use some great pictures of a crows foot with a tape measure next to it so I could transfer measurements. the big thing is the bottom section that says "terraplane" Once I have a replica will talk to mold maker and caster. Was think about making crows foot out of aluminum ( bent and engraved) then chrome plate. I have one carrot holder for one of the cars but need 2 more.

Comments

• Richard E.
    Richard E. Senior Contributor
    Yes, over the past year two of us are working on reproducing crows foot and cigar holder for '36 Terraplane. We have had a very good mold made and so far I have had two casts produced of the crows foot and quite a few of the wing and base.  We are in the process of drilling and tapping the attachment points, polishing pieces and getting them ready to be chrome plated.  It is a time consuming process, we had hoped to have some ready for the HET National, but didn't make that date.  Please bear with us.  We hope to have the ready by October.

These are being cast in silicone bronze by the lost wax method.

Richard Esparza
This discussion has been closed.