1937 Hudson Terraplane Coupe on eBay

dano49
dano49 Member
edited July 2014 in HUDSON
This car is on eBay. She needs total restoration but she's all there except for some interior, tail lights and trunk handle. How much do you think she's worth?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271542949341?_trksid=p2059216.m1431.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Comments

• We'll find out how much she's worth in 2 days, 14 hours...
  • dano49
    dano49 Member
    I am asking because I am interested and wondering what is a fair market value for the car?
  • Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    edited July 2014
    FYI
    It appears to be a good canidate for restoration missing only a few parts that are easily obtainable.
     I would price it like this in todays Market........A decent '37 Grille Shell with good Stainless pcs have brought nearly $1000 on Ebay the past couple Yrs.. The 4 fenders are worth around $1000, it has a motor, trans, & rear end that even though need rebuilt, their worth another $1000 if you had to go find them. The solid Coupe Body with instruments, Electric Hand, Banjo Wheel, etc  is worth another $1000 at least.....Just to give a rough estimate of value....
  • dano49
    dano49 Member
    Thanks Ol racer. This was exactly what i was looking for.
  • PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    Always a difficult question to answer because pictures don't tell the whole story. 

There is , obviously, work needed to sort the car out. 

Personally , if I were able, then I'd be looking around paying no more than $5,000 - $6,000
  • dano49
    dano49 Member
    Thanks Guys. There was one on eBay a while back that I really wanted. But it was sold to Paul Teutul Jr. from American Choppers. Deep pockets prevailed.

• Splitwindow
    Splitwindow Member
    edited July 2014

Boy that one PT Jr. scooped up is nice!

Another school of thought...

May be better to wait for a nicer one to show up than scoop up something that needs a total resto. You'll most likely have more into the resto than the car is worth unless you do it all yourself, which I do except for machine shop work. But then my school of thought is its only money, i'll just make some more!

Best of luck in your search for the perfect ride!

• Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor
    No one has gone out on a limb and shot a number out to you so I will. Going rate for the car as defined would be low buck: $1,000.00 - High buck $3,000.00. Add $25,000 for a driver style restoration and as said before you might be able to find one, or one similar to this as a restoration? Good Luck!
  • dano49
    dano49 Member
    Great points and make sense. I'll keep looking until fine the right one. if anyone knows of one for sale, please let me know.

Thanks Guys!
  • Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor
    http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/4548852653.html

Worth checking out and might be able to cut a better deal...
  • cpr3333
    cpr3333 Expert Adviser

That one looks it's equipped with the Electric Hand but since it has a shifter installed, I'm guessing it's not operational.

This discussion has been closed.