1950 Hornet super 8 on ebay?

Hudsonrules
Hudsonrules Senior Contributor
edited July 2014 in HUDSON

I do not know where this person is coming from, but must think all Hudson's arte Hornets regardless of engine or year. Asking price is way off. some changes of trim and commodore tail lights do not make a Horne. Where do these people come from? I had some guy insist he had a '47 Hudson Hornet straight 8. He was insistant and did not want to know the difference.  I guess some people think they are "car guy's" even though they can't tell the diffwerence in a 55 or 57 chevy. But they know all about Hudson Hornets.

Changing times or stupidiy?t.

Comments

• hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    Well, Kerouac had the boys roaring across country in a 1949 Hudson Hornet!!!

Hudsonly,
    Alex Burr
    Memphis, TN
  • It's a combination of both.... the times have already changed and the car hobby is full of idiots just looking to make a buck on a name
  • Lee ODell
    Lee ODell Senior Contributor
    How to keep misinformed people out of the Hudson Club and cause club members to disassociate themselves from the club.

Ridicule.
    \
    Sad to say, I have meet too many people, for this reason, have left the Hudson forum, left the Hudson Club and for now will not rejoin.

I see no good come of it.

Lee O'Dell
  • Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor
    edited July 2014
    Lee, I hope that it is not you that has left the Hudson Club? Your post is hard for me to understand?

The gentleman that owns this car has a listing of cars he would like to buy. He has a rather mature want list and he must have some serious money. Makes one wonder?
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    edited July 2014
    How to keep misinformed people out of the Hudson Club and cause club members to disassociate themselves from the club.

Ridicule.
    \
    Sad to say, I have meet too many people, for this reason, have left the Hudson forum, left the Hudson Club and for now will not rejoin.

I see no good come of it.

Lee O'Dell -------------------------------------------------------------------
    I detect frustration in Lee's post.   Old car folks, including Hudson owners have the ability to support or critic.  The content of conversations, direct, overheard or on the NET are "heard' through the ears of the receiver and even though the speaker may find the words harmless, they are harmful at times. This forum is a place where a world wide audience of HET interested folks comes to learn about their vehicle.  But, from personal experience, I am aware of folks who "LURK without posting",  An experience viewing negative, critical and sometimes attacking points of view ... over cars... has caused these potential club members to pull back and find other clubs or ways of enjoying their Hudson products.  If indeed Lee has decided the level of critic is contrary to his beliefs, I can understand.  It is something that all who come here to share, observe, or learn should take stock.  Your FORUM ATTITUDE is probably reflective of your day to day interfaces with other car folks and potential club members.  
    Old cars are and continue to be a fascination to me. If I am unfamiliar with a marque or how something works, I respectfully seek out those who will offer me the opportunity to share their knowledge.   That knowledge is a treasure to me and I do not use it as a hammer to directly or indirectly critic others who are attempting to enjoy their automobile. Time is too short for me to decide what another person does with their HET product.  So, lighten up on the --- IMHO stuff and offer up some support to the folks who truly want to enjoy their HET products.  
    Happy Hudsonin'

• lostmind
    lostmind Expert Adviser
    Well said Old Farmer
This discussion has been closed.