Pilot Bushing Needed.

SuperDave
SuperDave Senior Contributor
edited June 2014 in HUDSON
I am ready to mate my dual range HydraMatic to the 262 and find I am  missing the pilot bushing.   P/N 304250. Any one have one? or a quick source?

Comments

• Frankvintagefullflowcom
    Frankvintagefullflowcom Senior Contributor
    May we assume that the crank is from an engine that previously drove through a Hydra-Matic?
    F
  • SuperDave
    Yes Frank, It was a 53 262 HM engine, The retainer is present, but the bushing is not. I suppose the bushing was removed during the turning operation at the machine shop a couple years ago...Guess I'll have to do the measurements suggested by Ken, and see what is available through a local supplier. I am a little lazy so I had hopes that one would be available from one of the forum folks. Nothing has been easy on this car, so I am not surprised! LOL
  • SuperDave

Problem solved. Dorman #14650 fits. Same as some GM products. (makes sense , since a HydraMatic is GM product) Dimensions are OD.5.94", ID 1.094" Depth .746"..For those metric folks.. ID. 1.5cm  OD, 2.7cm , Depth 1.8cm.

Advance Discount Auto had it in stock less than $4.00

A little polishing of the parts with some emery paper, a little oil and it fits well. I used a bushing driver that fit well enough to not screw up the bushing surface.

• [Deleted User]
    edited November 2014
    I have just made a run of these using Sinter Bronze. The type of material they used back in the day. Material has oil impregnated in it. Machined on a CNC lathe. Contact Randy Maas 309-267-6158 or Russell Maas at 309-838-5551.
This discussion has been closed.