"Doc's Meet" in Virginia -- Just a Reminder...

Jon B
Jon B Administrator
edited April 2014 in HUDSON

The time is drawing short for those who wish to reserve a Saturday evening meal at the Doc's Meet banquet.  The cut-off date is April 30. 

For those unacquainted with "Doc's Apple Blossom Meet", it's a three-day Hudson get-together that includes eating, driving, car shows, and Hudson flea market, in a very beautiful area of Northern Virginia. 

Here's the on-line flyer:  http://cbc.hetclub.org/images/CBC_Events/Docs2014.pdf 

Hope to see you there!

Comments

• bull_islander
    bull_islander Expert Adviser
    edited April 2014
    I know I asked you this already Jon, so this is more to see if anything has changed in the last month.

Typically on Saturday afternoon quite a few folks would gather at the Fire House to socialize and sell and buy some fleas. Since the Fire House is not an option this year, is somewhere else going to replace this gathering point?

I am asking as I cannot attend on Sunday (again), but would come over on Saturday to visit and so some fleas if there was going to be a central gathering point.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    edited April 2014
    I'm sorry, that won't be an option because fire hall rental is way more than we can afford this year.  We're sorry to be leaving the fire hall  because of course we had free parking for RV's and a place to hold our flea market on Saturday.  For the time being at least, there is no "home base".

If you want to pack a trailer with some stuff and park it at the VFW Friday night for the traditional potluck, someone might sell some parts off the cuff.  (This isn't really official, though!)

Traditionally, the "flea day" was always Sunday morning; I think we tried the additional Saturday opening five or six years ago but haven't always had it since then.  Sunday may or may not be a good day, but there is simply no choice this year.  In a way, Sunday is better because there is a much more compressed "sales window" and people know that they have to show up between 8 and noon to buy the parts.  No need to sit at your booth all day long, come noon Sunday and you're packed up and on the road!
This discussion has been closed.