G'day

[Deleted User]
edited April 2014 in HUDSON
Hi everyone
My name is Norm, I live in Sydney Australia, and I'm a
Hudson owner, I'm 25, a qualified panel beater and spray painted by
trade. I've recently started my own business restoring vintage vehicles I
specialize in manufacture and repairing body panels. 
I'm currently
restoring a 1929 Hudson roadster and in need of parts. I picked them up form Rockhampton in Queensland some
1500km away and I did this twice so a bit over 6000km of driving to get two "rust bucket" but I see two fantastic cars to be restored to their former glory.
Any help in find parts would be very much appreciated, I'll post a picture later.
Cheers Norm.

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Welcome to the Forum, Norm!  Feel free to post messages in any of our categories (see right side).

I assume you know of the Hudson group in Australia but if by some chance you don't, here is their webpage: http://www.hudson-amc.org.au/ 

1929 was a banner sales year for Hudson and --inasmuch as any Hudson is easy to find parts for!-- you will still find a fair number of parts out there, as well as owners who can offer you information.

I'm not sure what the code text is after your message ("function DOMContentLoaded..."), possibly you were trying to load a photo or something onto the forum.  See "FORUM -- Instructions & Tips", listed amongst the categories at the right, for tips on how to use this forum.

Show us a photo of your car, if you can!
  • 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator

Welcome aboard! 

Good to have you.  I'm sure you'll find a wealth of information here.

You may also want to visit the Hudson Essex Terraplane Club website, and consider joining that Club - Members come for the cars, and stick around because of the great folks there!

We hope you enjoy your time here at the Hudson Essex Terraplane 'Open Forum' -

• J Spencer
    J Spencer Expert Adviser
    Welcome Norm!  One of the the best sources for information is Jeoff Clark who is the guru of Hudsons of that vintage. He owns, drives and repairs Hudson, dealing mostly with Hudsons such as yours.  He lives in Wakefield, New Zealand and is on this forum.  Enter his name in the seach box @ upper right and it will take you to discussions he has resonded to, clck  on his name and it will take you to his home page and you can message him from there.

Good luck with your project.

Jim Spencer
    Western New York Chapter
  • hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    Welcome aboard.  Great people here ready to drop everything and give you a hand anyway possible.
    Don't worry about the rust bucket condition.  We have seen 2 or 3 of those here in the colony and they are now beautiful restorations. Here's a couple of photos of one of them - Russ Chiltons 1952 Hornet Convertible.

Hudsonly,
    Alex Burr
    Memphis, TN
  • Huddy42
    Huddy42 Senior Contributor
    Norm, have sent you a P/M I'm events coordinator of the Hudson AMC Car club here in Sydney. Club has been operating since 1969, I still have a few parts for Hudson Terraplanes. Where in Sydney are you.?????????
  • Here is a picture of my two 1929 Hudsons the one on the left is a Roadster but it has the mid section of a 1928 Essex coupe sitting in the middle of it. The one on the right is a Tourer that was turned into a farm ute at one stage of its life.

Thanks for the welcomes, and I am a member of the Hudson club
    Cheers Norm.
  • Huddy42
    That you are Norm, should have checked my register, you are not far from where I live.
  • Huddy42
    Norm, you should come to meet us at Linnwood House 25 Byron Road Guildford NSW 13th July. American I
    ndependents display day.
    or

Sydney Motor sport park garage 28 , see details in Hudson Hub this issue.
  • Huddy42
    edited April 2014
    Sorry on the last post Norm. Gremlins go to it.  

American Independents display day. 25 Byron road Guildford 13th July 2014
This discussion has been closed.