1936 parts found but 2dr parts used on panel delivery?

[Deleted User]
edited April 2014 in Street Rods
found a 2dr that is rough bought and the more I look the more I'm lost. The coupe rear clip has rear fenders, deck and rear panel. The panel delivery is body and side panels no floor or fenders. So I bought a 2dr model 61 for floors, running boards, grill and pieces, fenders, hood and misc, Does the panel delivery use short wheel base 115 or lwb 120 2dr body is rough but can't walk into NAPA or carquest and buy new.

Comments

• nick s
    nick s Senior Contributor
    the panel delivery would share the body panels of a 4dr from the back of the front doors forward. the rear body was built by York Hoover skinning metal over wood.  the rear floor is wood as is the interior sides and top of the rear portion.
  • lostmind
    lostmind Expert Adviser

A panel delivery built from a two door would look nice. Or build a pick up , more room with a two door

then the four door.

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    You need to take a camera and plenty of measuring tools to Pennsylvania, and check out Dave S's '36 panel delivery!  With his permission, of course!

Of course, while a panel delivery is cool, you might consider building a "fantasy car" (one that never existed): a '36 sedan delivery.  I think they made them in '34 (and Eldon Hostetler has a '33 factory-built one).  Not so sure about '35, and pretty sure they didn't do one in '36.  But, being based on the "brougham" (or coach, or 2-door sedan) they are rather sporty, with double rear doors where the rear window usually is.  Of course they're not "real" but I'll bet it would be a show-stopper.  At a Hudson meet, or at your neighborhood cruise-in!
  • So the rear panels that I have are pictured in attachment. body has no floor at all So the floor in the panel section is wood Well that make's sense the curve section that the fender attaches to has 1/2 lip Does anybody know which frame?
  • Wish I was closer to Penn. So I could but I'm in Colorado.
  • dave s
    dave s Senior Contributor, Moderator
    It is built on sedan frame with 3/4 ton truck springs. I donated copy of factory blueprints for the rear body to HET and they have them on file at the AACA Library in Hershey, PA. If you want, I can have another copy made.

• dave s
    dave s Senior Contributor, Moderator
    Give me your email and I can send you link to site I have on Snapfish with over 325 pictures I took when We were building our 36.
  • Dave,  I have a 36 panel that I am in the process of rebuilding.  I have owned it since 1971, It was my daily driver in the early 70's, then parked in a barn for 40 years.  I am now in the process of replacing all the wooden structure and would love to have copies of any drawings, or photos of the process.
    Carl
  • Jon B said:
    You need to take a camera and plenty of measuring tools to Pennsylvania, and check out Dave S's '36 panel delivery!  With his permission, of course!

Of course, while a panel delivery is cool, you might consider building a "fantasy car" (one that never existed): a '36 sedan delivery.  I think they made them in '34 (and Eldon Hostetler has a '33 factory-built one).  Not so sure about '35, and pretty sure they didn't do one in '36.  But, being based on the "brougham" (or coach, or 2-door sedan) they are rather sporty, with double rear doors where the rear window usually is.  Of course they're not "real" but I'll bet it would be a show-stopper.  At a Hudson meet, or at your neighborhood cruise-in!

Jon have you ever heard the story of the 33 terraplane delivery that Hostetler museum has?? Tom Bowler
This discussion has been closed.