Craigs list Hudsons

Comments

• I actually looked at the 51 in person so shoot me a private message if you want an independent review and a little more information.

Thanks!

-Scott

• SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor

Do you suppose it's another convertible clone?

• Lee ODell
    Lee ODell Senior Contributor
    I took a liking to the 57. Not a bad price either. Temptation.
    Lee O'Dell
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    The grey and Black 54 Hornet appears on Dr Doug's website. Seems that Doug sorted the car for the owner at that time. If so, Doug would have a good picture of that car mechanics.
  • Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor
    They are all very nice cars and about the right price.  The 57 Seems to be the pick of the group.  The 54 has the same paint scheme that I have thought of using except for red rather than grey?
  • Lee ODell
    Lee ODell Senior Contributor
    DockHubler

Thank you for the offer, but the funds are needed to get our new used 47 PU back on the road. Bettie is very adamant about fixing the PU. Last registered in 1975. I think all the cars listed will receive many thumbs up wherever they go.

Lee O'Dell
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member

Yes.   As a matter of fact.  
  • faustmb
    faustmb Senior Contributor

Yes.   As a matter of fact.  

Maybe you guys can clear something up for me. When were the Hollywoods introduced compared to convertibles? I was told that the Hollywoods were built from convertible body stampings, with bolted on parts. That way a vert body could be built either way from the factory. I've never worked on or examined either one that closely, but I'll have to start paying attention. Its safe to say a convertible is out of the realm of possibility for me:).

On a side note, I do remember playing in "The Two Jakes" commodore when it was in my dads shop, of couse before he sold it to Bill A. Probably the closest I'll ever get ;)
  • faustmb
    faustmb Senior Contributor
    I guess that is my question, is a "Hollywood" really just a covertible with different parts bolted on, or is there a real difference in the body structure?
  • Ha! Good times and a fun learning experience!
This discussion has been closed.