WOW! Pretty 46 Pickup...

jjbubaboy
jjbubaboy Senior Contributor
edited April 2014 in HUDSON

Comments

• oldhudsons
    oldhudsons Senior Contributor
    the "Coupe Express" was the name of a very good looking pre-war STUDEBAKER pickup which are highly prized by Stude. aficionados.
    Agree with Jeff too ~
  • hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    Can't quite put my finger on it but Hudson pickups from around 1940 thru1947 always looked like they were going 80 mph when they were just sitting still.  This '47 with the windshield visor just looks fast.  Styling is well balanced. 

I agree with oldhudson's comment on the Stude coupe express pickups were another great looking truck.  I also liked the Hawks Stude put out - if I wasn't so deep into Hudsons I might have gone the stud-backer route.  See how lucky you folks are.  :D

Hudsonly,
    Alex Burr
    Memphis, TN
  • Lee ODell
    Lee ODell Senior Contributor
    Does anybody know what vehicle the rear bumper came from.
  • lostmind
    lostmind Expert Adviser
    edited April 2014

Does anybody know what vehicle the rear bumper came from.

Looks like 48-52 Ford pickup rear bumper on Google images.
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    Nice truck but I really don't like visors on any car let alone a great truck.  Personal taste.  I have had a couple of chances to put one on my 50C8 and said no way. It just adds something odd to the nice lines.
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    Yep, seen this one before, but I can't remember what it was going for the last time, either.  Good looker!  I'm a visor fan, but not sure I like it on the trucks.  
  • Visors make buicks out of anything they're put on
  • oldhudsons
    oldhudsons Senior Contributor
    LOL Arkie!
  • Frankvintagefullflowcom
    Frankvintagefullflowcom Senior Contributor
    My visor came with an audio feature......When I hear the horn behind me, I drive away.
    F
  • hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    And the cop asked me why I was stopped so far from the red light................

Hudsonly,
    Alex B
  • HEY, Arkie, even a Buick dont deserve those goofy looking "windcatchers"  LOL
  • Lee ODell
    Lee ODell Senior Contributor
    I like the look of the sun visor on my 52 Hornet. I like how it reduces glare on the windshield, especially driving into the sun. It helps keep the front seat area a little cooer and it is mounted in such away that it complements the contour of the roof line.

Can't see using one on my 47 PU. It would be hard to find one the right length and angle setting to complement short roof lines and narrow windshield. With the high seat cushion and narrow windshield height I think it would be difficult seeing overhead stop lights from 1 or 2 blocks away.

Good looking truck but I think anyone over 4 feet tall would have a hard time seeing much past the nose because the sun visor drops down at a unnatural angle covering half the windshield.

Lee O'Dell

This discussion has been closed.