Removing Cowl Vent Air Handle on a Stepdown?

Rob Fayette
Rob Fayette Expert Adviser
edited April 2014 in HUDSON
I've had a request for a Cowl Vent Air Handle.  I have one that I can make a mold from but it is attached to the metal part.  I don't know if I can remove the plastic handle from the metal part without destroying it.  Do any of you folks know if it can be done and how?  Thanks as always for your input.  Rob

Comments

• RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    If they can be removed, without being broken, I have not yet figured out how.  I was going to talk to you about making one for my car, but after studying a couple that I have, I am not convinced they are removable.
  • Rob Fayette
    I may have to break one to get it off, then reassemble the pieces and repair it in order to get one for a mold.  I might try it and see what happens.  Thanks for your input Russell.
    Rob 
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    I 2nd that motion!

• Rob Fayette
    I've been working on one the last few days.  I am trying to make a 2 piece handle that will divide at the natural parting line.  If I am successful with this approach then the customer would glue the 2 halves on to their handle using epoxy , or super glue.  If the 2 piece approach doesn't work I am going to try one piece that slips on the metal part ,and gets epoxied into place by the customer.  I  also previously thought about the approach of having the customer send me their metal part and I would cast around it as Ken and Russell are suggesting.  It would be more difficult, time consuming, and expensive to do it that way.
This discussion has been closed.