hemi-powered '54 H cp.

oldhudsons
oldhudsons Senior Contributor
edited April 2014 in HUDSON
I see my old friend Pat Meehan's '54 Hornet cp. with Hemi engine he put in it decades ago for sale on eBay, looks like still in Calif.

Comments

• Park_W
    Park_W Senior Contributor
    I wanna see that pushbutton controlled Hydramatic.  I'd take a wild guess that it's really a Torqueflight.
  • Frankvintagefullflowcom
    Frankvintagefullflowcom Senior Contributor
    Bingo! We have a winner!
  • oldhudsons
    oldhudsons Senior Contributor
    which means what Frank???
  • hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    I wanna see that pushbutton controlled Hydramatic.  I'd take a wild guess that it's really a Torqueflight.
    Having had a couple of Chrysler slush boxes the size of those buttons looks about right.  I will say one thing about the early Chrysler Corp. fluid drive.  Great car to learn to drive on - you didn't have to shift the things, but if you wanted to get anywhere it was a good idea.  You couldn't stall it - but on the other hand if you were running a drag race I think it would take about, oh, 2 or 3 min to clear a quarter mile.  LOL

Hudsonly,
    Alex Burr
    Memphis, TN
  • Frankvintagefullflowcom
    Frankvintagefullflowcom Senior Contributor
    It's probably a Torque-Flight (sp?) and Park_W called it correctly. Just a shot at humor that apparently missed. I'll do better next time............trust me.
    F
  • We hashed this car over when it was on craigslist.  Definitely a torquefite tranny.  That car spent a couple of nights in my driveway years ago when I lived in Amarillo.  Pat and Harold Jornt were on their way back east somewhere.... or maybe up to Wisconsin..... and stopped over to rest and see my Hudson stuff.  At that time the car was a rag tag.....and I see that it got worse. I'm afraid the seller is shooting blanks with the price he's asking.
This discussion has been closed.