1947 Hudson Truck Leaves for the Soda Blasters

[Deleted User]
edited February 2014 in HUDSON
Restoration has started on this Hudson.  Thanks to Leo O'Dell for the great truck!  We will be looking for lots of parts at this restoration proceeds.  More to come...

Comments

• faustmb
    faustmb Senior Contributor
    Looks good. Was that the extended frame truck? They spelled Hudson wrong on the tailgate. :)
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Matt, that is the upside down and backwards way of spelling - other than Hudson
  • LanceB
    LanceB Senior Contributor
    Can't wait to see how it turns out. Hopefully they can get those letters out of the front of the truck bed, lol.
  • Well it's back from the soda blasters!  Now we are working on restoring the dash.  Anybody out there who can restore the original finish to the dash (or know someone who can)? Also, need someone who can re-silkscreen the glass parts of the gauges, as the red color has faded out.  Thanks!

• Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    Wow!  That soda really peels paint.  Hey, it even has a floor in the cab.  At least I now know what it's supposed to look like.when I get to the 46.  Great Pics.
  • Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    FYI
    I enjoy the restoration pictures and reminise on the steps needed having been thru the process a couple times.
  • PAULARGETYPE
    PAULARGETYPE Senior Contributor
    edited March 2014
    RANDY RATHER THAN SILK SCREEN THE GLASS IT MY BE EASYER TO HAVE SOME ONE MAKE YOU A DECAL YOU CAN INSTALL ON THE BACK SIDE OF THE GLASS IF YOU DO THAT OTHERS WILL BEABLE TO USE YOUR SUPPLYER FOR THERE DASH GLASS RESTO PROJECT 

GREAT PHOTS OF THE JOB BEING DONE THANKS 
  • Richard E.
    Richard E. Senior Contributor
    Soda doesn't get off the rust, I had to bead blast my '36T after it was Soda blasted.  Did you go back over it with something after the Soda?
  • Lee ODell
    Lee ODell Senior Contributor
    I was at Randys shop in Sanoma a couple weeks ago during wives spring brake. We were visiting her sister in Dixon for a few days. There was no sign of rust on the cab after soda blasting. He already had most of the dents close to being finished. He gave me a tour of the shop. It is a much larger shop than I imagined. Besides all the cars he is working on, he also works on planes and boats. There is a good size machine shop inside the building. Saw a aircraft radial engine setting off to the side. I expect the truck is going to look very good when finished.
    Lee O'Dell
  • Bill Albright had those dash pieces reproduced. I wonder if Jason still has some of them. Might be worth a shot.
  • Lee ODell
    I was taking to Randy tonight, He is about ready for painting. He has three 47 PUs in different stages of restoration and is looking for a set of matching 16" wheels. He has some 16 " wheels but not all are the same. Also, he needs to know where to get front king pins & bushings and rear spring bushings.

Randys phone # is 707 974 8061. I hope someone can help him out.

Lee O'Dell
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2014
    Here are some progress pictures of the Hudsons.

imageimage
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2014
    Also, here are some pictures of a Hudson steering wheel that I need to have restored.  I have tried a few people, but I can't find one that will take on a Hudson wheel.  Anyone out there know of someone who can take on this project?  Thanks so much for your help.

• Lee ODell
    Last weekend one of Randy's men stopped by the house and picked up my spare drivers side running board. The 47 PU is very near completion and I hear it looks very good. If anyone has a spare running board for the passenger side give Randy a call 1-707-974-8061. The truck didn't have running boards when I sold it to him. The other PU in background he bought was my first Hudson PU. I'm looking forward to see photos of the finished truck. I hear it looks very good.

I'm glad it will be back on the road again.
    Lee O'Dell

• RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    Lee-

Ask him to post some recent pics of his progress. Did he ever get his steering wheel restored?  
  • Lee ODell
    Russell

Will do.
    I do not know about steering wheel restore.
    I'm anxious to see how it looks now.

Lee O'Dell
  • bellbigdawg
    bellbigdawg Expert Adviser
    have a completely restored 41-47 pickup frame, powdercoated black, all suspension powdercoated black, all NOS moog front rebuild parts, all hardware stainless ARP grade 10. would like to sell. also have complete 41 bigboy pikup front sheetmetal and grill for sale
  • bellbigdawg
    bellbigdawg Expert Adviser
    i'm in pocatello, idaho
This discussion has been closed.