Look to the left <-- "Forum - Instructions & Tips"

We have introduced a new sub-forum (or category):  "Instructions and Tips" on how to use the Forum..

We'll handle this a bit differently from other sub-forums.  Each discussion within the category will be on the theme of one "how-to".  For example, how to upload photos from your computer.  We will try to provide a concisely written instruction.  Or you yourself might post a suggested method.  Or a follow-up question.   But we will, from time to time, delete accumulated questions and replies within any given discussion, and consolidate all the replies into one single "how-to" statement on that particular subject. 

Please don't be offended, therefore, if you start a new discussion that asks, "How do I place a hyperlink", and find that your question has been removed, and the the complete answer (to how to post the hyperlink) has taken its place. 

Or, if you have helpfully replied to a message, offering an improved method of doing something, you may discover later that your message has disappeared....but your advice has been incorporated into the instructions.

In doing this, we hope to cut down on verbiage and offer quick and simple help, without making people read through a whole bunch of opinions in
search of their answer.

Comments

• Park_W
    Park_W Senior Contributor
    Better include basic step-by-step procedure for posting a new discussion.  Certainly isn't intuitive as is.
  • 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator
    edited March 2014

@Park_W

Park,  Essentially, it is the same forum  that it was under 'classiccar.com'...  A different 'theme' (colors), no advertisement(s), no 'big three' (Ch**y, F**d, D****e), but that's about it.

A very few are having issues with the WYSIWYG (the formatting bar) - but that has been covered within 'Forum - Instructions & Tips'.

And, saw you had been testing ( ;-) ) - feel free to pen 'Threads & Posting Instructions' if you feel it is necessary...

• Park_W
    Park_W Senior Contributor
    Rick, better still would be to eliminate puzzling situations like what I experienced yeasterday, and which was driving my Swedish friend nuts:  Start a new discussion, enter the title, then write the substance of the post in the blank box that seems to be the right place to do it.  Then click on "submit", and be faced with a new page that has another blank box, with "Write message" above it.  The brain says "wait a minute, I thought I just wrote the message in that previous box."  My question, then, is what was the first empty box for?"
  • 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator
    edited March 2014

@Park_W

Park - At this point, we're working with what we've got...  There isn't any $$ in the cashbox for consulting fees, etc..  Any and all of the work you see done is by unpaid volunteers.  Mostly just HET Club members, trying to keep this thing up and going...

If anyone is having issues, they REALLY need to read through the instructions already posted.  Many times, there are solutions, etc., already posted - to include the issue you mention.  Don't know how well it works - the lack of feedback appears to indicate that it does (work)(?)...

Respectfully -

• BillUSN1
    BillUSN1 Member
    edited March 2014
    I can not find the "change picture" or avatar option.
    I followed the link and read the instructions, but I can't find it.
    Is the option gone or is it a post count option?
    Maybe I'm just blind and need a screen shot to help?
    Thanks.
  • 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator

BillUSN1 - Please go to your profile and try it again.  Should be as simple as clicking-on 'Change Picture' (top left of your options). 

LMK - Let me know...

• Ask and ye shall receive!
    Thanks, I feel much better now.
This discussion has been closed.