For Sale: 1929 Essex R.S. Coupe

Jon B
Jon B Administrator
edited January 2014 in HUDSON
Just spotted this over at the H.A.M.B. website: 1929 Essex R.S. coupe, upstate New York, 15,000 miles, last registered 1936, same family since 1950's. Asking $ 8,500, "motivated seller". wlm13165@rochester.rr.com
Link to internet page: jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=850961

NOTE: This car has been sold to a gentleman who lives in Auburn, NY and is planning to fix it up. To learn more, read the discussion found at: http://www.classiccar.com/forum/discussion/165183/kind-of-appalling#Item_24

Comments

• StillOutThere
    StillOutThere Expert Adviser
    I corresponded with this seller. Very easy communications. This car should and could be preserved as a survivor. Likely the very very low miles are correct. Its been in the family for many decades. If you restorers and preservationists don't pick this jewel up, he is going to sell it to the first hot rodder with cash and a torch to start cutting it up and at this price I'm surprised he still has it!

• pseftoncomcastnet
    pseftoncomcastnet Senior Contributor
    see the "kind of appalling" thread from a few days ago. the car has reportedly already been sold.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Sorry, before listing these H.A.M.B. cars here, I scrolled back through the Forum to see if they had been mentioned before, not wishing to repeat any listings. It never occurred to me to examine the discussion labeled "Appalling"!
  • tigermoth
    tigermoth Expert Adviser
    another note from the seller. the car is definitely sold. i believe the car went to a good home..long time hudson owner. perhaps someone on this forum???
    regards, tom
This discussion has been closed.