Aftermarket Cup Holder?

rambos_ride
rambos_ride Senior Contributor
edited June 2013 in HUDSON
Since this thing is a 2-handed Armstrong Power Steering model...drinking and driving is not going to work.

Anyone know of cup holders that look more "rod-ish" for lack of a better word?

LOL - don't hate me..I like my coffee in the morning and Rambo and Maddy need their dog biscuits from the pretty girls!

Comments

• GrimGreaser
    GrimGreaser Senior Contributor
    Roll of duct tape will work in a pinch. I kinda like these: http://www.hotrodleather.com/index.php/interior/hot-rod-cup-holder.html. I've also seen neat ones made by hogging the inside of a piston out and mounting it.
  • rambos_ride
    edited June 2013
    "Roll of duct tape" lol - Is there anything Duct Tape can't do?

Neat site, the leather cup holder might do the trick!

• Lee ODell
    Lee ODell Senior Contributor
    edited June 2013
    Now the tough decision. Where to drill the holes for the bracket. Dash? Window frame? Snap around shifter?

The shifter came to mind because last night while driving home in the Hudson the towel on the dash with my perscription sun glasses slid off off the dash. It's dark, Bettie is reaching all around the floor trying to find the glasses while I'm trying to drive and not move my feet. Can't find the glasses. I'm thinking the lenses will be all scratched up by the time we get home. When we get home I get a flash light and can't find it anywhere on the floor, under the seat or on the seat. About to give up and look again in the morning I happen to see the glasses dangling on the shifter. The ear piece amasingly cought the shifter and was dangling there for the 25 mile ride home.

Lee O'Dell
  • rambos_ride
    I like the leather look, not sure I want to drill holes..I'd probably do something with a strong magnet if I went this route.

Found these pics - the dark one is on ebay right now..but @65.00 I might have to build one myself..the turquiose one I found on Hamb..looks to be the "deluxe" model of the first one.

OR - I bet Bent Metal could whip one of these up in "no time" ;)

• hudsonjeff
    hudsonjeff Senior Contributor
    I have a mid 1990's ford f 150 in my 51 convertible. mounted the metal bracket to the frame under the seat cushion and it works great
This discussion has been closed.