Pat Walsh Restorations

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Has anyone bought anything from Pat Walsh Restorations ( www.patwalshrestorations.com )? Just got a catalog, make and year-specific. Looking for feedback . . .

Russell :)

Comments

• Hi Hudson Dave Back To You.this Guy Buys Most Of His Stuf From K Gap And Marks It Up A Bunch Buy Carefully Dave
  • Hi Russell,--- I e-mailed him about a year ago & he never even gave me the courtesy of a reply.---Cliff Minard.
  • I just got his parts sheets as well, pretty pricey stuff. I'll go KGap.
  • The super high prices was my main concern . . . thought this might be a middle man. Thanks for info, everyone.

Russell
  • harry54
    harry54 Senior Contributor
    Russell,

Any news on the tranny ?
  • harry54 wrote:
    Russell,

Any news on the tranny ?

Not yet, but working on it . . . it's more difficult right now as Doc is in the shop having other work done.

Russell
  • Well, that's not a fair answer . . . I'll fill you in more. My current thoughts are that I'm just an idiot. 1-1/2 pints . . . WHAT WAS I THINKING?? I know better. It was probably more like 1-1/2 QUARTS low. In my distress, I must have just read incorrectly, or something. My thoughts are that I didn't replenish enough of what I lost to make the tranny appreciate the difference. I HOPE I can just locate the leak, fix it, then fill up the fluid CORRECTLY and be all right . . . I hope. Maybe I'll get lucky and it will be a pan gasket leak, as opposed to the front seal. I can definately say that it is not the rear seal, as fluid was further towards the front of the car. I'll keep you posted . . . and thanks for asking.

Merry Christmas!!

Russell
  • I just got his parts sheets as well, pretty pricey stuff. I'll go KGap.

When I first looked at the price sheet, I thought either 1) I can't afford to be into Hudsons, or 2) I need to go into the parts business, myself. If there's such a thing as "Buyer's Remorse" before you even spend a dime, I was beginning to have it.

Russell
  • Pat has been selling Hudson stuff for a long time. I do not know if he is in the HET club, but in the past he advertised in Hemmings and Old Cars. He sells products for other makes too and the Hudson stuff is one of his lines. While not attempting to dispute the claim that he buys from KGap ... he actually buys direct from Metro Molded parts. Over the years the Gafreans(sp?), Kale's, Walsh and others have paid for the tooling costs needed to make new rubber. One of my friends who is no longer interested in Hudsons paid for the mold used to make the seals for Hollywood rear windows ... incidentally sold by Metro and KGap. Recently a fellow with the eBay handle of DesotoJoe has been selling the same items on eBay ... at a price cheaper than Metro's catalog. This market is volatile ... in my early years of Hudsoning ... finding and purchasing a NOS rubber seal was a rare activity indeed. I remember paying dearly for a set of NOS S rubber door seals ... today they are available from Metro and others.

Happy Hudsoning Holidays
  • Well Ken's right: PWR carries a slew of parts for dozens of different makes and models. I've only got the price sheet for my car-specific. Many of the parts he carries ARE NOS, K-Gap is mostly reproduction. For the purist who must have NOS parts, PWR is the way to go ( I understand they have both NOS and repro parts), but, definately not cheap. If repro parts are o.k., then go K-Gap. My plan was to buy what I could through K-Gap and then for the items that PWR carries and K-Gap does not, then I'll buy from PWR and just accept the fact I might have to pay a little more. They do have a pretty extensive list.

Russell
  • harry54
    I tried to buy a few things once from him but he never seemed to interested in doing the bussiness. He seemed to have the attitude that I'll get to it when I get to it. Maybe you'll have a better experience. I never did actually buy anything from him.Good luck.
  • I emailed him two days ago about something I want to buy (trunk mat) for my 49 and have heard NOTHING back. Strange.
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    Not strange at all.... Of three emails I sent, I got a reply to one. a week or so after the last one, He said if I would send him a sample of the part I needed, he MIGHT find a substitute. By that time, I found another source.
  • RL Chilton wrote:
    Has anyone bought anything from Pat Walsh Restorations ( www.patwalshrestorations.com )? Just got a catalog, make and year-specific. Looking for feedback . . .

Russell :)

The prices...O.M.G...:eek:
  • Dave53-7C wrote:
    The prices...O.M.G...:eek:

Damn, Dave you're digging up an old topic!

Russell
  • He Does Not Belong To H.e.t. And Knows Very Little About Hudsons. I Recomment Steering Clear Of Him, Bill Albright
  • bill a wrote:
    He Does Not Belong To H.e.t. And Knows Very Little About Hudsons. I Recomment Steering Clear Of Him, Bill Albright

Here are a few examples of pricing for step downs:

Shop manual for $193.00

Trunk weather stripping $167.00

Fender skirt seals $108.00

Clutch fluid $79.00

Is this guy crazy? :confused:
  • hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    Dave53-7C wrote:
    Here are a few examples of pricing for step downs:

Shop manual for $193.00

Trunk weather stripping $167.00

Fender skirt seals $108.00

Clutch fluid $79.00

Is this guy crazy? :confused:

Nowhere near as crazy as somebody that buys from him. :D

Hudsonly,

Alex B
  • harry54
    I don't think you could buy anything from him even if you tried......
  • Hey Folks.. New guy here... I know this may be an older thread, but I saw the name Pat Walsh on this topic, and figured it was as good a place as any to make my first post.

My experience with Pat Walsh a few years back was horrible. I own a few older Ford vans, and Pat was advertising in Hemming's that he had weatherstrippping for them. I couldn't find anyone else that was selling these parts, so I had him send me a "catalog". I ordered over $400 worth of weatherstripping from him, and then sat waiting for my stuff to arrive.

After almost a year of excuses, I contacted Hemming's, and they got on his butt about the situation. Wouldn't you know it,,, 2 weeks later he sent me my parts. Unfortunately, the weatherstripping that he sent me was just a bunch of universal stuff that I could have bought from J.C. Whitney. Obviously not something that was "custom made".

I contacted Hemming's again,,, and let them know what happened. They offered to help me get my money back, but after all the hassles, I just chalked it up as being one more hard lesson in life. Kudos to Hemming's though. If it weren't for them, I would still be waiting on Pat Walsh.

BTW, I recently found out that a company in California was making a lot of Pat's parts for him. I won't say why, but they told me they won't be making anything for him again.
  • The only experience I had with him was asking for a price list. That took months to get. To cut to the chase, it appears that he buys goods from reputable Hudson parts suppliers and marks them up.
  • Yes I know this is an old post. Just wanted to say he is still up to his old tricks. My recommendation is not to buy from him if you need your parts and money.
    Ordered $505 worth of parts back in Feb. One lame excuse after another. NO refund to parts. Have filed complaints with several different  authorities both federal and state.

• My friend here in MA lost $1,300 with him, took him to court and he didn't show up.  Attorney told my friend to give it up because it would cost more to chase him.  He's still advertising in Hemmings.
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    He still responds to emails, occasionally!
  • Nevada Hudson
    Nevada Hudson Senior Contributor
    Contact Hemmings, as they have a fraud section.
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    Y'all dredged up the depths of posts, here.  12-year old thread.  And yes, the "Russell" above is me before I lost my profile the first time.  
This discussion has been closed.