The Long awaited trip to my 3rd Doc's Meet

harry54
harry54 Senior Contributor
edited May 2011 in HUDSON
Hello everyone,
I thought it might be fun to document my trip to the 48th Doc's meet. For me this is a welcome vacation from the real world. I'll be traveling in my 53 Hornet coupe that I really haven't had time to go over other than check the fluids. However, it performed well when my Dad and I last took it to Creasy's fall meet,( Great time by the way), so my fingers are crossed. What's life like without a little adventure.
I'll begin my trip tomorrow morning, from Wilton Ct at 5.15 AM and head to work in Jersey City New Jersey. The route from home starts out( RT35 west to 684 south to the Hutchinson river pkwy to cross county pkwy to Henry Hudson pkwy over the Henry Hudson bridge down the West side hwy NYC through the Holland Tunnel to Jersey City. From there, I'll depart , hopefully about 1.00pm. ETA Front Royal @ 6pm . Look out Viginia , here I come.. .... To be continued......

Comments

• 7XPacemaker
    7XPacemaker Senior Contributor
    Stop by the punch bowl and I'll serve you some of Doc's meet fuel. You could probably run it in your car, but it's more than $3.81 a gallon!

C.J.
  • harry54
    edited May 2011

Well out the door and sitting at my desk @ 6.50 am... here are a few pics of the
    1. West Side Highway @ 6.30am
    2. George Washington Bridge 6.35am
    3. The USS Intrepid @ 50th street

Thanks CJ hope to try the Super Six Punch @ 6.pm...
  • Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor
    I am loving this, cannot wait to see the next installment...
  • harry54
    Sitting at my desk watching the clock waiting to leave. Car in the parking garage.. 10.32 am..... Thought you would like to see a few photo's from the across the Hudson river looking at where the WTC once stood...
  • MikeWA
    MikeWA Senior Contributor
    Just curious- in the parking garage, do the three of you split the cost of the 4th space?

Enjoying your journey.
  • hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    Congratulations - you have discovered the secret to getting thru NYC traffic. Hit the streets as early as you can!!! Doesn't really get heavy until about 8am, as I recall. Was stationed at the Coast Guard Air Station over on Floyd Bennet Field back in the 60's. Had to go into the city to Governors Island on occasion, so always went about 6am. Going back around 8:30, 9 was no problem - all the traffic on the Belt Parkway was going inbound.

Hudsonly,
    Alex Burr
    Memphis, TN
  • harry54
    Alex , your so right about NYC traffic . Hit it early and bob and weave .
    Well , I made it to Front Royal by 6pm . Luckily no mishaps .
    Dinner was great and lots of pics . I'm not sure if I can load them from my iPhone .
    I'll give it a try . If I have no luck, I can email them to anyone who can post them .
    Hudsonly Harry.
  • Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor
    Can't wait to see the photos. Here at home we are watching the rain fall and the snow melt. All that means is that the rivers are above flood stage. It is going to be a fun 48 hours with filling the sand bags and all....
  • harry54
    Made it home , safe and sound . Only took 7 hours but I was so comfortable driving, I could have gone 7 more . Had a fantastic time . There is much to tell but it's mothers day and I need to give my daughter a bath . Will put up photos And continue filling in the blanks in the AM .
    To all you Moms out there hope your enjoying your day .
  • harry54
    edited May 2011
    arrival..... Friday night gathering at the Front Royal Fire House... Pot luck dinner and Super Six punch... Served be the infamous C.J. Very tasty.. Tire kicking and banter ...
  • harry54
    Collection of Hudson/'s at the Quality Inn.. A fine extablishment...
  • harry54
    edited May 2011
    Saturday afternoon, Flea mkt and more tire kicking... Later that evening Banquet Dinner with good friends and pretty hudson's...
    A moment of silence before the meal for all the people in the Hudson family that are no longer with us...
    Sunday morning off the the SKYLINE Caverns for more Hudson's...
  • harry54
    Grattitude..... I just want to say thanks to all Hudson club members who worked so hard to put this great weekend together... All I can say is it's a pleasure and honor to be part of such a great Club... I hope to see you all soon... until then Happy Hudsoning... I leave you with one final photo... can you guess
    1. Who it is ?
    2. Where it's from ?
  • harry54
    Other photo's....
  • harry54
    Does anyone have any guesses about the mystery photo?
    A hint , it is from a copy of a 1969 wtn . What is the primitive iPhone?
  • 53jetman
    53jetman Senior Contributor
    Looks to me like Frank Spring - the chief of the Design Staff of Hudson. The photo probably dates back to about when he signed on with Hudson in 1931.

Jerry
  • I thought the name of the pic frankspring1a was a dead give away :silly:
  • harry54
    you got it right... didn't realize when i posted the pic that my file name came up.... anyway thanks..
This discussion has been closed.